Taking Care of Your Retainers: The Do's & Don'ts
Oct 29, 2018
Taking care of your retainers is an important part of your treatment. Here are 10 do's and don'ts to keep in mind.
5 Things You Should Always Do with Your Retainers
- Wear them as instructed.
- Take them out when you eat.
- Clean them with a toothbrush and toothpaste once everyday.
- Keep them in retainer cases when you’re not wearing them.
- Bring them with you when you come to see us for your appointments.
5 Things You Should Never Do with Your Retainers
- Flip them with your tongue.
- Wrap them in a napkin, paper towel or tissue (they’re more than likely get thrown away).
- Put them in your pockets or loose in your bag.
- Put them in boiling water, a dishwasher or on the dashboard of a car.
- Leave them sitting around where pets or young children can reach them.
Does your retainer need adjusting? Is it broken? Call us today.